Sunday, April 26, 2009
Behold, the English version of a menu at a seafood restaurant I went to in Madrid. I will do my best to interpret it for the benefit of my readership.
1. This dish is only available to pirates and other non-landlubbers.
3. This is a typo. It should read "Clams to the face."
4. Similarly, it should read "Cockles to the dome piece," which is quite a delicacy in Spain.
7. To distinguish it from the rest of the menu items, which are inedible.
9. Not sure what this is, but based on the name I'm assuming it's some kind of nightmare creature from the depths of hell.
14. For doing battle with the accursed Nephrops.